Friday, May 31, 2013

NARS Summer 2013 Color Collection


              NARS as a brand has always caught my eye, but until recently I had never owned a "higher-end" beauty product. Recently, however, I finally took the plunge and started "indulging". I bought some higher-end products, including a long-awaited NARS blush. And its safe to say I'm now in love. I just really love NARS, and am totally looking forward to purchasing more.

NARS has come out with this colorful collection just in time for Summer! The NARS Summer 2013 Color Collection lives up to its name - it is definitely BURSTING with vibrant colour. I heard about it online (as usual) and they intrigued me, so I decided to dig a little deeper and checked out their website. The entire collection retails for about $280 and includes:
  • The Multiple in Puerto Vallarta (shimmering tangerine)
  • Larger Than Life Lip Gloss in Paris Follies (pink flamingo)
  • Shimmer Eyeshadow in Euphrate (frosted mint steel)
  • Duo Eyeshadow in Fashion Rebel (dandelion and african violet)
  • Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Tender Night (iridescent lilac)
  • Opaque Nail Polish in Madness (electric orange crush) *Limited Edition*
  • Stick Concealer in Pear (Pale Yellow - Correcting Shade for Light to Medium Skin Tones)
  • Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Barrow Street (seafoam green)
  • Satin Lipstick in Tolède (pink rose)

Now, personally, I'm not a huge bright, neon colour kinda gal when it comes to makeup, however there were two products in particular from this collection that really caught my eye. The Satin Lipstick in Tolède, and the Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Barrow Street
Tolèdo

Barrow Street


Tolèdo is pretty much just your basic neutral rosy colour, which is right up my alley as I'm always searching for the perfect natural looking lipstick. Although yes, it is basic and somewhat generic colour-wise, I just can't help but be drawn to it. Probably because of my strange NARS attraction. Maybe its just something about their packaging (which is GORGEOUS). I don't know. But this lipstick is smooth, beautifully pigmented, long-lasting, and it nourishes your lips as you wear it with its infused conditioners and antioxidants

Now, I normally don't wear eyeliner that often, usually only if I'm going out or if I have some extra time on my hands while I'm getting ready. When I do, its usually brown, sometimes black. So why the heck am I lusting for a product like Barrow Street? Because its just so gosh-darn pretty. Its one of my favourite colours, and I just couldn't resist. I love it so much that I don't care what it takes, I will find some way to incorporate it into my makeup look because I just can't live without it in my life. The colour is rich and creamy, it glides smoothly onto the skin, and boasts no smudges for its long-lasting 12 hour wear. On top of that, it has a twist-up delivery and a built-in sharpener, so no desperately searching around your room for that pesky sharpener! I think its just overall beautiful and handy and perfect for summer; I think it would look perfect along the lower lashline to brighten things up a bit!

I think the two of these products would actually work really well together as well! 

Overall, I think the majority of the NARS Summer 2013 Color Collection might be a bit too colourful for me, but Tolèdo and Barrow Street are just the right splash of colour, and I'm DYING to try them! Plus, they're cruelty free, which is a nice bonus! When or if I get this products, I'll definitely post a review and let you guys know what I think!


Retail Price: 
Entire collection: $280.00
                 Tolèdo: $26.00
   Barrow Street: $24.00

Where To Buy Canada: Sephora, The Bay, Murale, 
                        U.S.A: Sephora, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor,              
                                  Blue Mercury, NARS Cosmetics Boutique
             International: Space NK, Sephora, or find a location near you here.



Thanks for reading guys! As usual, let me know if you own or are planning on buying any of the products mentioned here and tell me if you like them! I'd love to hear your thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment